Modification of Orders

Sometimes, changes in a person’s life can make a previous court order difficult, if not impossible, to comply with. For example, either or both parties may have to change employment, making the previously ordered child support amount too high or too low. Perhaps a party must move out-of-state, making a prior parent-time schedule unworkable.

However, once the court enters an order, that order remains in effect until a new order is entered. If one of the parties in a case wants the order to be changed, that party must prove there has been a substantial change of circumstances not foreseen at the time the prior order was entered. Additionally, the change cannot be of a temporary nature.

Changing prior court orders can be difficult. Should you need assistance with changing a prior order, please contact Ms. Warner for a free thirty-minute consultation.


Free Consultation

Fill out the form or call us at (801) 274-0702 to schedule your free consultation.